The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
Location: Woodland, California
This is a leadership position with responsibility for all aspects of plant operations including direct leadership and supervision of plant operational staff and responsibility for the safe and efficient dispatch and operation of equipment involved in the production of steam and electricity. The leader is responsible for establishing succession and development plans for the plant operational staff, tracking completion of their qualifications, and strategizing internal advancement opportunities.
As a leader, this position will be an integral part of the site management team. A high degree of communication and collaboration with others is required. Proactive leadership (by example) to reinforce DTE's core values of Safety, Reliability, Efficiency, and Responsibility to continuously improve and develop employee culture is critical for the success of this position.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the employee functions as part of the site leadership team utilizing their technical expertise, discretion, and judgment within established policies, procedures and practices.
Results are reviewed through the achievement of set goals and adherence to these policies, procedures and practices.Key Accountabilities
- Ensures the safe and reliable operation of the facility by ensuring all site safety and environmental requirements and procedures are properly implemented and takes corrective actions as necessary. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing such duties and ensuring safe and reliable operation of the facility.
- Oversees and provides direct supervision and feedback on all operations, including startup, shutdown, inspection, routine chemical testing, all switching and tagging, and equipment trouble-shooting. Writes, reviews, and revises operating and related procedures.
- Regularly and directly assists the Plant Manager in facets of department administration and power plant management. Maintains administrative documents, preparation, justification and control of annual operations and maintenance budgets. Generates reports and ensures employees are provided the tools and equipment to perform their work.
- Operates independently and under only general supervision
- Oversee compliance with the daily operations schedule for O&M Technicians; exercising judgement to minimize overtime costs while ensuring sufficient coverage for safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Serves as the manager on duty for critical work required after normal hours to ensure management oversight and execute discretion for the safe and efficient completion of work.
- Plans, directs, and supervises routine preventive and predictive maintenance on all systems and equipment; supports corrective maintenance efforts on selected equipment.
- Follows the MOC process when making changes/upgrades to systems or process.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
A high school diploma or equivalent, relevant solid fuel fired power plant-related experience, including a minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience in field.
Additional consideration provided for biomass power-plant related experience.Other Qualifications
- Knowledge of power plant safety policies and procedures, especially in the areas of high-energy systems, high pressure boilers, chemical handling, heavy equipment, rotating machinery, confined spaces, incipient fire suppression, and first aid.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively and perform mathematical calculations.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel
- Basic knowledge of or ability to understand fundamental principles related to physics, mathematics, AC and DC electrical theory, chemistry, water treatment process, thermal dynamics, heat transfer and fluid flow.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding operation of valves, switches, controls, keyboards and other devices associated with power plants.
- Working knowledge of maintenance management systems.
- Ability to comprehend and apply technical information, including mechanical and electrical drawings (such as blueprints, P&IDs, single-line diagrams and schematics) to problem-solving situations and trouble-shooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and prior hands-on trouble-shooting and repair experience relating to instrumentation and control systems used in modern power stations, including burner management, combustion control, boiler controls, turbine controls, machine condition monitoring and continuous emissions monitoring (CEMS).
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to: stand, walk, stoop, kneel or sit. Climbing stairs and ladders and maneuvering in awkward positions are all required. Frequently, the employee is required to sit. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms extensively.
Must be able to enter and work in confined space areas, including boilers, condensers, tanks, etc. to evaluate equipment condition or inspect work efforts by assigned resources.
The employee in this classification will be required to occasionally lift objects of up to 10 pounds in weight. On a rare occurrence the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight or push or pull up to 50 pounds in weight.
Vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Although the duties of this position are generally non-manual in nature, while performing the duties of this job, the employee works both in a business office setting and out in plant. In the course of working at the plant site, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat, and may work near moving mechanical parts and/or machinery. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in the office but may become loud at the plant site
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA JOB APPLICANTS REGARDING THE
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
DTE Energy and its operating groups, subsidiaries and affiliates (“the Company”), are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information of all individuals including job applicants. The Company collects personal information of job applicants in connection with its recruitment and hiring activities. The Company does not sell or otherwise disclose this personal information for monetary consideration or a business purpose to any third parties.
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) effective January 1, 2020; and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. Job applicants with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Categories of Job Applicant Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use This Information?
We collect the following categories of personal information for the purposes described below:
- Name and contact information;
- Last four digits of Social Security Number;
- Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status;
- Work history, including job title, dates of employment, duties, experience, and skills;
- Reference and background information, including relationship to Company employees or contractors, prior employment by the Company; and background check information;
- Post-offer information and results, including Social Security Number and date of birth;
- Education history, including schools attended, degrees and certifications earned; and
- Resume and other information provided by you during the hiring process.
The Company collects this information to hire the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws.
Apply on company website