The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required: Professional Pre-Hire Assessment
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates classroom, laboratory, and/or simulator training using the Systematic Approach to Training model. Designs, presents and evaluates training in a professional manner to display leadership and reinforce management expectations. Directly guides students in initial Operations and Technical training programs. Works closely with the line organization to help resolve emerging training performance needs.Key Accountabilities
• Coaches and mentors' field Subject Matter Expert (SME) presenters to ensure maximum student/client benefit and new instructors.
• Conducts training in accordance with Nuclear Training procedures, work instructions, and best industry practices.
• Prepares and ensures training material and presentations will result in client group performance improvement.
• Represents training on Operations or Technical discipline specific Curriculum Review Committees.
• Interfaces with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations INPO to ensure training programs are in compliance with current regulations.
• Maintains National Academy of Nuclear Training accreditation for assigned accredited training programs.
• Conducts performance gap analysis to create training needs to ensure problems/issues are positioned with the correct solutions.
• Evaluates Training Program Effectiveness through data acquisition, analysis and trending.
• Solicits and responds to management observations of training and student feedback.
• Track and evaluate student performance and course effectiveness.
• Leads training self-assessments and program comprehensive evaluations
• Solicits and responds to management observations, trainee feedback and corrective action documents to identify areas for improvement in the training programs and client performance.
• Reviews work processes and procedures for quality and efficiency and implements revisions as necessary.
• High School diploma or equivalent (GED) and six years of experience in Nuclear power industry with implementation of training program using the systematic approach to training (SAT) process in related field OR
• Associate degree in science/engineering/education with four years of industry related experience with implementation of training programs using the systematic approach to training (SAT) process
• Maintains instructor and technical qualifications for assigned Operations and/or Technical discipline.
Discipline Based Qualifications
• Senior Nuclear Instructor, Operations Training
o Experience must be as a Nuclear Operations instructor and must hold or have held a Senior Reactor Operator License or Certification or Reactor Operator License at Fermi or a similar facility
• Senior Nuclear Instructor, Technical Training
o Experience must be as an instructor in one or more of the following disciplines: ie: Instrument and Controls, Engineering, Chemistry, Radiation Protection, Electrical Maintenance or Mechanical Maintenance.
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Experience working in nuclear operations
• Experience in conducting and using performance analysis techniques
• Experience effectively managing complex tasks or projects
• Must obtain Senior Reactor Operator Certification/License at Fermi within twelve months (Operations).
• Maintains instructor and SRO License or certification qualifications. (Operations).
• Must participate as an Emergency Response Organization ERO member and responds to call-ins as appropriate.
• Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Must be able to pass all phases of In-Processing including a background investigation, psychological screening, appropriate radiation worker/respiratory training and be medically certifiable drug and alcohol screen.
• Mastery using all phases of the Systematic Approach to Training SAT process.
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels within and outside the company.
• Communication and presentation skills.
• Must be able to effectively prepare and present classroom presentations
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Apply on company website