Emory Healthcare, Atlanta, Georgia
Emory Healthcare is currently seeking experienced Physician Assistants to join one of the largest cardiac surgical practices in the Southeast. Full scope and inpatient rounding only day and nocturnist positions are available at multiple Emory locations.
Emory Healthcare and its Cardiothoracic Surgeons enjoy a well-earned reputation for leading advancements in our field.
- Performed the worlds first minimally invasive, off-pump triple-bypass surgery in 1997
- Rank among the nations top heart transplant hospitals and the only lung transplant program in the state of Georgia
- High acuity center with high volumes. Performed 2,100 cardiac procedures (not including TAVR) and over 800 thoracic procedures in 2019
- Performed 900 Isolated CABGs in the last 12 months
- Earned a distinguished 3-star rating from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for patient care and outcomes in isolated coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) AND mitral valve repair/replacement procedures (top 3% of programs in U.S.)
- Nationally recognized for expertise in robotic-assisted cardiac surgeries performing more than 250 robotic intracardiac procedures and 100 robotic coronary procedures annually with more than 4,000 surgeries since inception
- Advancing treatments in simulated coronary by-pass, valve replacement and trans catheter therapies
- Pioneered complex aortic care and continue to rank among the nations highest volume providers for aortic cases
- Over 20 clinical trials actively enrolling patients
- Opportunities in education with a highly competitive APP Fellowship Program
- Robust and collaborative team model provides exceptional resources and peer support
- Established and well-developed culture of Advanced Practice with over 1000 APPs across 14 hospitals, 254 outpatient locations, and 37 service lines and growing!
- Endoscopic Vein and Artery Harvesting
- OR first and second assisting
- Some outpatient clinic responsibility
- History and physical exams
- Rounding on floor and ICU patients
- Heavy census management
- Weeknight/weekend call coverage (floor calls and emergency surgical procedures)
- Inpatient consults
- Bedside procedures (thoracentesis, central/arterial line placement, chest tube insertion/removal, etc.)
- Licensed or eligible to practice in the state of Georgia.
- 2+ years of Surgical and/or Cardiac experience.
- BLS certification required.
- Endoscopic Vein and Artery Harvesting experience required for the full scope opportunity.
- PAs must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- NCCPA certification
Who We Are:
Emory Healthcare is a nationally recognized academic medical center and the only health network in the state with a full range of hospitals, clinics and local practices. Our teams integrate science and caring to transform medicine and redefine care. Emorys compensation plan offers great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403b, and more!
Apply on company website