ENSCO is seeking an innovative, creative, and highly motivated individual to support the U.S. Space Force, Space and Missile Center's MILSATCOM Program through the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (MSEIT) contract. This position, located in El Segundo, CA, will support a diverse set of strategic and tactical MILSATCOM systems and infrastructure in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment. Duties will include:
- Provide front-end acquisition and planning support related to space communications systems
- Perform architectural trades and requirements development
- Analyze system requirements that define the technical baseline and verification of the technical baseline
- Review proposed changes to the technical baseline for impacts to capabilities and to cross-stakeholder integration concerns
- Facilitate review of program documents by providing comments, compiling other reviewer comments, and working with contractor to adjudicate the comments
- Serve as a subject matter expert to assess technical issues and to prepare briefings to U.S. Space Force management
- Support management of risks, issues, interdependencies, identifying schedule disconnects and conflicts, developing action plans for resolution, and assisting the Government in executing selected solutions
- Advanced degree in Engineering
- Management qualifications, such as MBA or PMP
- Systems engineering certifications, such as ESEP, CSEP, OCSMP
- Experience with ground and airborne systems, such as terminals and networks
- Experience with communication satellite/terminal performance analyses, link budgets and interfaces
- Active Secret or higher clearance
- BS in engineering with specialization in Communications systems
- Knowledge of the MILSATCOM LDR and XDR waveform and protocols
- Proficient in using Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- 15+ years' demonstrated experience with space or aeronautical systems engineering & integration programs and projects
- 15+ years' working in a collaborative team environment developing technical baseline/systems specification, verification or analysis using engineering applications and simulation models
- 10+ years' experience with MILSATCOM, such as MILSTAR, AEHF, EPS, TSAT, WGS, FAB-T terminal programs
- Experience working with military or DoD civilian clients
- ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
• Annual education tuition reimbursement
• 401(k) Plan with up to 6% dollar-for-dollar company match
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and HSA
• Leave available for holidays, bereavement, jury duty, military service, family medical leave, and as required by State law
• Paid Time Off
• 100% Company paid Employee Assistance Program and life, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, business travel accident, and professional liability insurance (employee only)
• Other voluntary programs, including supplemental life, auto and home insurance, and legal program
• Computer purchase discount
• Recognition and reward programs
• Patent awards
• Technical paper awards for presentations and publications
• Recruitment awards
• Length of service awards
• Community service recognition
ENSCO has been delivering engineering, science, and advanced technology solutions to complex priority programs since 1969.ENSCO operates in the aerospace, avionics, national security, rail, and cyber sectors. ENSCO is a small business with 721 employees strong where our Mission Systems Group (MSG) makes up two-thirds of the company. MSG headquarters are located in Cocoa Beach, FL., with facilities and capabilities in Colorado Springs, CO., El Segundo, CA., Orcutt, CA., Endicott, NY, Melbourne, FL., and Springfield, VA. MSG delivers engineering and technologies for aerospace, cybersecurity, avionics, national security programs, and meteorological systems for government and commercial customers.
ENSCO is a family-owned award-winning culture where our model is “we take care of our employees who take care of our customers.” This is a simple but effective strategy that has brought us impressive results over the last 53 years. ENSCO has received many awards such as the 2021 Top Workplace and 2021 Workplaces Technology Awards, which attest to the high standard our employees rate ENSCO during surveys. ENSCO also has a diverse portfolio of benefits such as a flexible work schedule, training, and professional development resources, remote work options, strong work/life balance, and tuition assistance. At ENSCO, you can build your career no matter the stage of your career- college student, new graduate, experienced professional, or transitioning military. Adding to our awards, ENSCO has been recognized for its outstanding culture with several awards including the U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets 2021 Gold Award, Diversity Jobs Top Employer in 2022, and Top Workplaces 2022.
ENSCO engineers bring innovative solutions to complex problems, keeping our nation and its citizens safe. ENSCO has earned the trust of the United States Armed Forces by focusing on areas of national priority, and we salute their sacrifices. We take pride in retaining those highly trained veterans of our highly skilled diversified team.
The ENSCO Corporate Office is located in Springfield, VA.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Apply on company website