ENSCO is seeking an innovative, creative, and highly motivated individual to support the U.S. Space Force, Space Systems Command's MILSATCOM Program through the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (MSEIT) contract. This position, located at Peterson SFB, CO, will support a diverse set of strategic and tactical MILSATCOM systems and infrastructure in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment.
Duties will include:
- Act as the senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) for HEMP/HMHS engineering and technical matters, reporting to the HEMP/HMHS Program Manager (PM)
- Act as a government liaison for HEMP/HMHS engineering activities, driving disciplined problem resolution by reporting blockers, issues & concerns, developing & recommending solutions and timely executing required system modifications
- Lead technical discussions including the presentation of engineering summaries to senior leadership, guiding integration of new hardware/software among internal and external stakeholders, authoring/reviewing technical documentation and directing technical analysis of system modifications while interfacing with industry partners
- Support technical aspects and processes associated with HEMP/HMHS certification efforts
- Support HEMP/HMHS test activities to include managing test schedules, maintaining test plans/procedures/records, reviewing/evaluating contractor test reports and maintaining/analyzing site test data and results
- Support the HEMP/HMHS Program Manager (PM) in the development of the HEMP/HMHS Annual Summary Report to the government customer
- Provide mentorship and training to other engineer(s) assigned to the HEMP/HMHS Team
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification Knowledge and expertise in communications engineering
- Experience with MILSATCOM systems in the RF spectrum
- Experience developing, testing, operating and/or maintaining MILSATCOM equipment and systems
- Experience working in a multi-contractor environment
- Familiarity with cost estimating/projection and developing contract documents in support of HEMP/HMHS programmatics
- Active Secret clearance or higher
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or equivalent technical disciplines from an accredited university
- Demonstrated engineering management skills for a portfolio of MILSATCOM space systems
- Knowledge of MILSATCOM and DoD mission system sustainment
- Excels in establishing/maintaining positive customer relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams)
- Knowledge of HEMP/HMHS standards and instructions such as MIL-STD-188-125-1 & 2, MIL-HDBK-423, MIL-STD-188-124, MIL-STD-419 & MIL-STD-461
- 5+ years working HEMP/HMHS engineering activities in support of legacy and transitioning MILSATCOM systems
- 7+ years of proven engineering management experience across multiple projects within a diverse portfolio
- 7+ years of experience working with military or DoD civilian clients and managing professional relationships
- ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
• Annual education tuition reimbursement
• 401(k) Plan with up to 6% dollar-for-dollar company match
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and HSA
• Leave available for holidays, bereavement, jury duty, military service, family medical leave, and as required by State law
• Paid Time Off
• 100% Company paid Employee Assistance Program and life, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, business travel accident, and professional liability insurance (employee only)
• Other voluntary programs, including supplemental life, auto and home insurance, and legal program
• Computer purchase discount • Recognition and reward programs
• Patent awards
• Technical paper awards for presentations and publications
• Recruitment awards
• Length of service awards
• Community service recognition
ENSCO has been delivering engineering, science, and advanced technology solutions to complex priority programs since 1969.ENSCO operates in the aerospace, avionics, national security, rail, and cyber sectors. ENSCO is a small business with 721 employees strong where our Mission Systems Group (MSG) makes up two-thirds of the company. MSG headquarters are located in Cocoa Beach, FL., with facilities and capabilities in Colorado Springs, CO., El Segundo, CA., Orcutt, CA., Endicott, NY, Melbourne, FL., and Springfield, VA. MSG delivers engineering and technologies for aerospace, cybersecurity, avionics, national security programs, and meteorological systems for government and commercial customers.
ENSCO is a family-owned award-winning culture where our model is “we take care of our employees who take care of our customers.” This is a simple but effective strategy that has brought us impressive results over the last 53 years. ENSCO has received many awards such as the 2021 Top Workplace and 2021 Workplaces Technology Awards, which attest to the high standard our employees rate ENSCO during surveys. ENSCO also has a diverse portfolio of benefits such as a flexible work schedule, training, and professional development resources, remote work options, strong work/life balance, and tuition assistance. At ENSCO, you can build your career no matter the stage of your career- college student, new graduate, experienced professional, or transitioning military. Adding to our awards, ENSCO has been recognized for its outstanding culture with several awards including the U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets 2021 Gold Award, Diversity Jobs Top Employer in 2022, and Top Workplaces 2022.
ENSCO engineers bring innovative solutions to complex problems, keeping our nation and its citizens safe. ENSCO has earned the trust of the United States Armed Forces by focusing on areas of national priority, and we salute their sacrifices. We take pride in retaining those highly trained veterans of our highly skilled diversified team.
The ENSCO Corporate Office is located in Springfield, VA.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Apply on company website