Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers expectations.
As a member of the Reservation Services team, you will be responsible for building solutions that support our reservation clients; which lead to increased flexibility and efficiencies that directly improve the customer experience. This application suite includes operational products used to shop, create, modify, and cancel reservations globally for all the brands supported by Enterprise Holdings. This team serves an ever growing need to leverage technological solutions for more efficient and cost-effective processes in an increasingly complex, high volume, and response time sensitive environment.
As an Engineer 1, Software (Java) you will be responsible for modifying code/scripts, developing application code and implementing elements of technology to solve business problems. In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist in application design. You will work with a collaborative team that consistently works on high-priority efforts to test, research and investigate technology, and assist with the requirements gathering of the solutions. We are looking for a self-starter that will maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards which differentiate the EHI brands in this space.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 1 or more years of related experience
- Hands on programming experience using Java
- Ability to define problems and present solutions along with supporting data to management
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork abilities in a collaborative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Must have experience in full lifecycle development and end-to-end testing
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work with others in a remote work environment
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and requirements
- Required to be on rotation for carrying a support phone and to perform on-call duties
- The position must reside onsite at one of our three St. Louis based campuses, with the ability to travel between our local campuses as needed.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum, JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience working with Web Services and related technologies (JSON, XML, SOAP, etc) in a professional environment
- Experience with C code development
- Experience with Maven, Git/BitBucket, Jenkins
- Experience with Oracle database environment
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins or other)
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Knowledge of Automation Testing
Apply on company website