Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers expectations.
The Enterprise Holdings Ticketing Services Team is responsible for the development and support of services products that provide rental ticketing business capabilities. In this role, you will be a member of our production support team, responsible for resolving production issues, implementing changes and monitoring product health. You will work closely with many different client teams such as tablets, kiosks, mobile applications and websites to ensure a consistent ticketing experience for our customers. It is a very exciting time to be a part of Ticketing Services, as we support the development of new clients and enable our business to grow by building out new capabilities. In the next fiscal year, we have several new initiatives that will bring consistencies across our different reservation and fulfillment systems.
As anEngineer 3,you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology.You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy.As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology and to represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department.You will be analyzing production issues, identifying solutions and ensuring tactical changes are in line with the strategic vision. Ongoing monitoring of the health of the ticketing products, trending of production metrics and health in order to anticipate issues are key to this role. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration. You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
In this role your primary responsibility is troubleshooting and resolving errors and providing clients and management with updates. At times you will also be responsible for working with Project Managers and Software Engineers to implement new functionality and modifications, meeting all development, PII and PCI security standards. You must be able to work in a fast paced, production environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks. You will analyze, design, develop, test, maintain, document and install standalone and client/server software applications usingJava, JUnit, and Oracle. You will lead the team through continuous innovation and mentor less senior team members along the way.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Code and successfully perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution, as well as compliance to the business and technical requirements
- Resolve problems that arise with existing production applications in a timely manner to ensure the efficient and proper functioning of application components
- Participate in acceptance testing to ensure client/user needs are met
- Migrate applications to quality assurance and/or the production environment, or perform quality assurance as necessary
- Work with Managers and team members to develop and refine development standards
- Have minimal return work as a result of misunderstanding assigned tasks, communicating with users, and exercising appropriate judgment between what is requested and what is feasible
- Mentor less senior team members to assist with employee development
- Stay abreast of current technologies and lead the team through both process and technology innovation
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Support of on-call rotations and production problem trouble shooting
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field is required
- 5+ years of Java application development experience
- Experience in full software development lifecycle and end-to-end testing
- Experience in a production support environment
- Proficient knowledge of Windows/Unix operating systems
- Proficient with web services & service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with Java open source frameworks including Spring, Hibernate, XML Beans, REST APIs, and/or Jakarta Commons
- Experience with application servers such as WebLogic and Tomcat
- Knowledge of PL/SQL
- Experience with Maven and/or Git
- Must havestrong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to various levels of management and with people with varying technical knowledge
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and/or a similar tool
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockit, and/or EasyMock
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum or Kanban
- Knowledge of Oracle database server
- Experience with DevTest
- Experience working with some remote team members
- Experience working in AWS environment
- Experience with Jenkins
Apply on company website