Nocturnist APPs NEEDED FOR ORLANDO AREA HOSPITALIST PROGRAMS
Nocturnist needed with 2-3 years experience.
Poinciana Medical Center Hospitalist Department
- 4 physician programs
- 2 Day Physicians in house- 7a-7p;
- 1 Night APP in house/ 1 Hospitalist Physician on call7p-7a
Key Questions and Answers for Night Coverage
- APP in house 7p-7a with Hospitalist physician on call
- EMR: Meditech
- How many admissions a night- Can be 1-10 with average of 6
- Is there specialty back up core subspecialty available- Physicians check on call schedule before accepting admission. No vascular, No Neuro, No hema, No Oncology, No Urology, No GI on weekends
- Who runs codes- ER runs code but Hospitalist goes and access and communicate with the family
- Open or closed ICU- OPEN ICU
- How many beds?76
- Who admits the critical care patients to ICU? Hospitalist or intensivist? Hospitalist admit all unassigned patient's ICU and NON ICU
- Who takes the calls from the floor? Nocturnist
Please contact Nate Nylander at 214-932-1024 or send CV to Nate.Nylander@envisionhealth.com.
About the Facility
Poinciana Medical Center is a four-story, 150,000 square foot hospital with 76 private medical-surgical beds and a six-bed ICU. Poinciana Medical Center provides a full range of acute care services including emergency services, diagnostic imaging, inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, laboratory, pharmacy, and a full range of support services. The Emergency Department is approximately 14,500 square feet and consists of 22 treatment spaces, an EMS entrance and a helicopter pad. Poinciana Medical Center is an affiliate of HCA, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services.
About the Community
Kissimmee- known as “The Gateway to Fun,” is one of the fastest growing communities in Florida. From thrills to tranquility, Kissimmee, Florida offers the most adventure and best attractions on earth. Moments to Orlando, Kissimmee offers world-class theme parks, exciting mix of dining options, dinner shows and unique shopping possibilities and world class golf courses. Kissimmee also offers numerous ways to get involved in the community. Kissimmee is a community of neighborhoods for families...making this a great place to visit, but a better place to call home. With an outstanding quality of life, Kissimmee residents have access to an impressive education system, a revitalized and thriving downtown district, affordable housing, and a high level of municipal services. From the City's wide range of parks and recreational activities to the theme parks, eco-tourism and world class fishing...it is easy to see why Kissimmee received the All-America City designation
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply on company website