The Management Liability Broker assists with brokerage and servicing of both new and existing client relationships. You will negotiate with underwriters for the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for new and existing clients. Ability to maintain relationships and ensure high-quality responsive service to clients. Ideal candidate should possess 3-5 years of General Partnership/Private Equity/Venture Capital, Hedge Funds and Investment Advisors coverage knowledge and experience.
Location: New York, NY or Atlanta, GAQUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate the compilation of submission information in conjunction with clients the Vanbridge team.
- Analyze client specific risk exposures and detail coverage requirements.
- Collaborates with the team to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business.
- Negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price.
- Drive utilization of all available technology throughout the marketing process and client service process.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the insurance marketplace, products and services, developing productive business relationships with key insurance underwriter.
- Follow up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contract are met.
- Approve documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the insurance marketplace, products and services, developing productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters.
- Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior in all activities.
- Maintaining technical proficiency through continued educational development.
- Maintaining knowledge in market, industry, and economic and administrative trends.
- Understand the causes of E&O and avoid and adopt practices to reduce exposure.
- Adhere to all best practices.
- Maintain benchmarking on all coverage lines.
- Administrative tasks such as dealing with paperwork, correspondence, keeping detailed records.
- Keeping up with changes in the insurance market and in the clients' industries.
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of clients' businesses or lives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong knowledge of D&O/E&O coverage
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of Microsoft Office computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires teamwork, demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Will be required to obtain a NY/NJ/GA property & casualty license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is no or very limited exposure to physical risk.WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients.
Apply on company website