Job Title: Employee Benefits Advocate
Department: EB OPS- Benefits Help Desk
Employee Benefits Advocates provide high-quality service to employees and members of our Clients. They work to ensure satisfaction by balancing the quality of service and speed of response. In this role, Employee Benefits Advocates respond to incoming inquiries regarding employee benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans, etc.
Employee Benefits Advocates also support our account service teams with claim inquiries and other miscellaneous tasks.
This role is responsible for, but not limited to, the following job duties:
- Answering phones and responding to emails
- Timely follow up to members
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Working closely with other team members and account service teams
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Data entry for Form 5500 client reports
- Monitoring Form 5500 Service Team email inbox and filing received data as applicable
- Working with account management teams to finalize and generate Form 5500 reports
- Assisting clients with electronic filing process
Customer Service Focus
Ability to build and maintain customer satisfaction through proactively addressing customer needs and concerns. Ensures the highest value of service is always provided and consistently delivers on commitments to the customer.
Enhances mutual understanding in communication with others by expressing genuine interest in the content and meaning of others' messages. Asks clarifying questions to ensure understanding
Self-starter and frequently takes a lead role in improving or enhancing a product or service to benefit the client and Frenkel. Will often demonstrate a sincere positive attitude toward getting things done and will seek out additional responsibilities that may go beyond the scope of their formal job description.
Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about people, things or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information; resolving discrepancies by asking a series of questions or conducting less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
Quality Extended Task Focus:
Able to perform the same work function with excellence and high standards of quality for a significant amount of time while remaining focused and without becoming disengaged.
Composure and Resilience:
Able to deal effectively with pressure, maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic and persistent even under adversity. Demonstrates the ability and propensity to recover quickly and maintain self-control following setbacks, rejections and conflict.
Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple responsibilities by being organized and keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks.
- Minimum one year of insurance brokerage or insurance carrier experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Form 5500 annual reporting a plus
- Strong computer skills including MS office suite, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- College degree in Insurance or related field preferred.
- Ability to handle basic office procedures i.e., answering phones, work on computer/laptop.
- Ability to work extra hours as requested, i.e. during heavy renewal periods.
- Ability to go out on client calls, both local and minimally out of state usually with Account Executive.
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients.
Apply on company website