SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Middle Back Office Associate
Location(s): Halifax, Nova Scotia at 36 Solutions Drive.
Get To Know The Team:
At SS&C Technologies, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other's strengths and curiosity, we've been able to build best-in-class products, culture, and business.
Why You Will Love It Here!
- Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
- Your Future: RRSP Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
- Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
- Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
- Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You Will Get To Do:
To meet the growing demands, Conifer Financial Services (a subsidiary of SS&C Technologies) is expanding our Middle Back Office services in our Halifax office.
The Middle Back office team is integral in the outsourced operations for our clients, which include hedge fund managers, family offices and registered investment accounts. The position requires an in-depth understanding of the securities industry, broad product knowledge, excellent communication skills, as well as operations and accounting experience.
- Reporting to the Middle Back office Manager, the Associate performs daily portfolio accounting and reconciliation processing for various including Hedge Funds, SMA and Endowment accounts
- The Associate is a senior member of the MBO team and would be responsible for accounts where a senior level understanding of various domestic and foreign securities, including credit default swaps, FX futures and OTC deliverables is required.
- Completion of daily and monthly operational deliverables as outlined in client service level agreements
- Review daily portfolio trades and perform position and cash reconciliations. Perform portfolio pricing functions following pricing policies
- Liaise with clients and internal teams to provide portfolio level reconciliations and performance reporting.
- Verify the processing of corporate actions on portfolio securities and investigate as required
- Provide reports on trading, positions and account performance to clients
- Interact with other teams including Tax, Fund Accounting, Compliance, Investor Relations, Technology and Finance
- Manage all client request with exceptional customer service
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or equivalent
- 3+ years' experience in financial services
- Intermediate level of proficiency in the understanding of various domestic and foreign products, including equities, fixed income, OTC derivatives, and related products including swap agreements (interest rate swaps, credit default swaps) repurchase agreements, FX futures, and currency transactions, all in a global multicurrency environment
- Knowledge of Hedge Fund Accounting a strong asset
- Exposure to software systems such as Advent Geneva, EZE Castle and Bloomberg a strong asset
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel would be a strong asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask and prioritize while working in fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong team player
SS&C Technologies Canada Corp. fosters a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
No phone calls or email applications please. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website