Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting Accountant
About the Team:
At SS&C EZE, our people are our most valued asset. The SS&C EZE corporate accounting team embraces and values individual experiences, capabilities, talents, and perspectives by fostering and promoting a culture of inclusion & collaboration.
As a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant, you will be responsible for coordinating regulatory audits (both internal and external) across multiple entities and driving them to a timely completion. You would be the primary contact for our auditors & responsible for organizing audit requests. In addition to leading our audits, you would also participate in the Monthly close by preparing/reviewing journal entries, revenue/expenses analyses, and general ledger reconciliations. You would be responsible for accurate accounting (with an emphasis on revenue) across several of the businesses within Eze as a key team member. You will also be responsible assisting with developing and implementing accounting policies. This role requires extensive interaction and coordination with multiple teams within Eze, from the billing department to senior management across the firm. You would report to the Revenue Manager.
Day to Day:
- Lead the team through the multiple statutory audits (for both US & International entities)
- Serve as the point of contact for the external auditors, leading calls & facilitating auditor requests
- Assist in preparation/review of Financial Statements (GAAP/IFRS) including footnotes
- Assist with internal audit programs & facilitate their requests
- Ownership of monthly preparation of analyses for monthly balance sheet and income statement reporting to management
- Solicit information from internal and external parties and translate into appropriate accounting accruals
- Build and continuously develop knowledge of Eze Software's business and GAAP accounting
- Strive for building and maintaining efficient accounting schedules, ensuring proper GAAP Accounting treatment
- Assist with the maintenance, implementation, and adherence to internal controls and ensure that accounting
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Partake in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Reconciliation and completion of close tasks in Blackline for month, quarter and year end
- Maintain professional and positive business relationships with internal and external business partners
- Work with various teams on ad-hoc projects
- Evaluate and make suggestions for continuous improvement in the company's internal control processes
- Other duties as assigned, commensurate with the level and scope of the position
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 2-4 years of equivalent work experience
- Public accounting experience (Big 4/Regional Firm) or experience leading a team through an audit
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented and energetic individual with strong leadership and project management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
It would be great if you also:
- Masters in Accounting or related field a plus
- CPA a plus, but not required
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent and cross-functional aspects of a project or projects under demanding deadlines
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrates analytical abilities, with a tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
#LI – SH1
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client's unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients' unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debate. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.
SS&C Eze is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website