SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
About the Team:
The Eze EMS team develops a high-speed, multi-broker execution management system that provides centralized access to liquidity venues for execution and tools for dynamically managing positions, portfolios, and trading risk across global equity, futures, and options markets. As a Software Engineer you will be a member of a scrum team and have the opportunity to work through a uniquely diverse set of software design problems. You will fill a vital role in developing performant, scalable software product enhancements and satisfying our customer base's needs within the niche EMS space.
We are looking for a versatile engineer with experience and interest in designing, developing and debugging multi-tiered, distributed software ranging from desktop clients to cloud microservices. This role requires being comfortable using Windows-based development tools and multiple programming languages. As a software developer, you should exhibit advanced software development skills and experience in collaboration on software development projects.
Day to Day:
- Work within a cross-functional Scrum team to design and develop features to customer facing products and enhance integration between products and 3rd party vendors
- Identify improvements and participate in innovating our tools and services that are at the foundation of our product
- Actively practice TDD & BDD while developing new features and refactoring existing code
- Provide operational support by fixing production issues and embracing continuous delivery
- Review code for team members, providing comments and constructive feedback
- Demo features in fun and relaxed team gatherings
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 2-3 years' experience as a software developer
- Strong fundamental knowledge of computer science including system and algorithm design, memory management, and performance analysis
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies as product needs arise
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
It would be great if you also:
- Experience integrating products that use different technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe, etc)
- Familiarity with software containerization (eg. Docker)
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Comfortable working with Linux / Mac / Windows operating systems
- Previous experience working in FinTech
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website