Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport
Fairfield by Marriott, Indianapolis Airport - Inspector -Housekeeping! If you have an Excellent mind set and love helping people apply online or in person!
Supervises work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly attractive rooms in hotel along with supervising the laundry staff by performing the following duties 2 days a week and room attendant 3 days a week
What you will be doing
(include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check outs in order to prepare work assignments.
- Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers and insures operational expenses are in line with budget.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Conducts orientation training of new employees to explain company policies, housekeeping work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports.
- Enforces company/hotel policies and procedures.
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return on customer lost and found items
- Administers inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
- Enforcement of all associates being in full uniform at all times.
- Insuring that customer requests for housekeeping services are provided in 30 minutes or less.
- Lead by example in using customers name whenever possible, handling a customer problem in an empowered way.
- Insure maintenance concerns in rooms are communicated to you within 1 hour of time found.
- Insure all items from lost and found are returned to the customer within 2 days of receiving call from customer.
- Vacant and clean rooms are to be checked daily to insure their status is correct.
- Insure all storerooms are kept clean, organized and secure at all times.
- Complete Room Attendant and Laundry Attendant duties as required.
- Cleans rooms and halls in Hotel.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night, weekend and or Holiday shifts.
- Must be able to converse in basic English.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Available to work weekdays, weekends and or holidays.
Apply on company website