DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Full-Time Radiology Technologist Opportunity 3p-11p
Celebrating over 40 years of providing quality healthcare to Charlotte County, our mission is to make each patient encounter an opportunity to heal, with care and compassion, and with dedication to excellence. Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service acute-care hospital serving Charlotte County and the surrounding areas since 1975. Clinical specialties include 24-hour emergency care center, a comprehensive ACoS CoC accredited cancer program, Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center of Excellence, accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Joint Commission certified Orthopedic and Spine Center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, state-of-the-art cardiovascular surgery program, sports & rehabilitation services, and many outpatient programs.
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is currently accepting applications for a Florida-licensed Radiology Technologist on a full-time basis. The schedule for this Radiology Tech (Rad Tech) opportunity is full-time, 2nd shift (3-p-11p) with rotating weekend call. ARRT (R) and BLS required.
We are proud to be joined by over 350 of the area's most respected physicians. Fawcett has received the America's Top 100 Hospital recognition by Healthgrades for 2017 which puts the facility in the top 2% in the nation for clinical excellence. What does all of this mean to you? It means that right here in Charlotte County, you have access to one of the best hospitals in the area.
The Radiology Tech (X-ray Tech):
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility and performs procedures in a caring, compassionate, and respectful manner.
- Demonstrates a “patients first” approach to care. Acts as a patient advocate keeping the best interests and care of the patient at the forefront at all times.
- Prepares and positions patients and equipment in a safe, competent manner and performs a variety of procedures/studies in accordance with established operating procedures accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assists in administration of contrast media, obtains high-quality radiographic and fluoroscopic images and reviews quality of radiographs to insure quality standards have been met.
- Documents all pertinent patient information prior to exam, i.e., patient history, pregnancy, allergies and obtains informed consent.
- Maintains effective communication with patient and radiologists. Demonstrates use of the interdisciplinary team approach to patient care; collaborates/confers with the radiologists, colleagues and other members of the healthcare team as appropriate.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring orders match diagnoses. Optimizes use of supplies, equipment and services, ensuring a high level of clinical care at the lowest cost.
- Acts as a resource to co-workers as appropriate to assist with procedures and treatments, shares knowledge and expertise with others, and contributes to the achievement of team goals.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, patient conferences, in-service programs, professional organization, and educational opportunities, etc.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? At HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA offers an excellent total compensation package which includes a competitive salary, numerous benefits options and excellent growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do exceptional work with us. Your benefits include 401k with match, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, generous tuition reimbursement, and an employee discount program. Student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
- Graduate of a 24-month AMA-approved School of Radiologic Technology
- ARRT (R) certification
- Current Florida Department of Health licensure (CRT)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association
- Computer proficiency; MEDITECH a plus
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website