Works in busy call center, taking reservations for handyDART clients in the Victoria area. Answers customer inquiries regarding handyDART in Victoria and conventional transit in the Cowichan Valley. Schedules and dispatches buses according to a Collective Agreement and service requirements. Casual position with no guarantee of hours, evening and weekend shifts to be expected. This is a unionized position.
- Answering calls in busy call center;
- Takes reservations, books trips for handyDART clients;
- Answers customer inquiries regarding Victoria Regional handyDART and Cowichan Valley Regional Transit;
- Schedules and dispatches buses;
- Communicate effectively with staff and customers via telephone and two-way radio;
- Perform all duties using safe work practices; uphold and maintain safe working conditions as required by pertinent safety regulations;
- Maintain/prepare records required in transit operations including but not limited to statistics, equipment hours, mileage, etc.;
- Maintain good public relations via tact and discretion;
- Work on alternate shifts as directed;
- Track equipment repairs as necessary;
- Communicate and adhere to Injury Prevention (IP) standards;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma;
- Clean Class 5 B.C Drivers License.
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of the streets of the CRD a big asset;
- Knowledge of Handydart systems and transit desirable;
- Customer service training and experience and computer skills (Microsoft Office) an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate/interact with the public (all levels of comprehension), management and other staff members in a courteous/respectful/efficient manner and to answer a variety of enquiries with tact and discretion;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Applied knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health Act in relations to Transit Operations.
- Available to work varying shifts, overtime and call ins up to 10 hours per day;
- Work in a shared consultative manner with others;
- Self-motivated and quality driven to perform independent duties and facilitate team goals;
- Flexibility regarding changing priorities and weather conditions; commitment to meet deadlines, handle upset clients and handle occasional emergency situations;
Office environment; Union environment. Employment screening conducted.
First Transit Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority
Apply on company website