We are hiring On Call/ Casual Relief School Bus Drivers in Yellowknife, NT – Term Position
We are offering a Competitive Hourly Rate of $24.50
First Transit in Yellowknife is pleased to announce we are expanding our fleet! If you have what it takes, we want you on our team! We are seeking on call/casual relief school bus drivers with the eligibility for future term & indeterminate positions. New recruits must abide by the Education Act, Motor Vehicle Act and Standards, policies and procedures of the division districts, and schools; under the general direction of our Location Manager.
School bus drivers are always to obey all rules & regulations of the DOT Act while transporting students and clientele safely, on time, and confidently know the operations of each unit efficiency. Typically, the above qualifier would hold a Valid Class 2 NT driver's license or equivalent (out of providence) with/out air “Q” and a “S” endorsement with a clean and clear driver abstract. This is required to meet our vehicle operating regulatory requirements. With the potential of the right candidate/s we will confidently offer in house high safety standards training to obtain this license with endorsement/s. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will also be considered. Minimum 2-year professional driving experience preferred & must be over the age of 25 to be eligible to this limited competition.
Failure to provide a satisfactory check on any of the following may deem you as disqualified from this opportunity. Affirmative action candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the affirmative action policy.
- FREE TRAINING
- COMPETITIVE WAGES
- Nights and Weekends Off
- Supplement your income with your part-time job
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- Making a real difference in the lives of the families and children you serve
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting students to/ from school and activities on time
- Performing pre/post- trip vehicle inspections to ensure optimal vehicle safety
- Ensuring students' safety while boarding and exiting buses and crossing streets
To qualify, you will:
- Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver's licence in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age).
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (at least 1 in North America).
- Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence and a very good driving record.
- Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks.
Upon pre hire candidates must provide the following:
- Clean drivers abstract
- Clear criminal records check
- Clean vulnerable sector check
- Pass a drug & alcohol testing (this includes cannabis, which is prohibited by corporate policies).
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Apply on company website