First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for casual, on call HandyDART drivers.
A Class 4 Unrestricted, 2 or 1 driver's license is required for this position
Are you empathetic, with strong customer service skills and have the drive to help people to make a difference in their lives?
Then we are looking for you!
What makes you an Ideal candidate for this position?
- A clean driving record with a class 4 Unrestricted, 2 or 1 Driver's License
- Previous experience with the vulnerable sector is preferred
- Ability to navigate through the service area using maps or on-board directional equipment
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Safety first attitude
- Ability to work independently and objectively
- Quick decision-making skills with the ability to remain calm and create a sense of balance between providing service as well as dealing with pressurized situations.
- Defensive Driving techniques
- Transit environment: Shift work may be required
- Transporting passengers door-to-door in a cutaway style bus
- Proper securement of passengers and mobility devices
- Able to push clients in wheelchairs on ramps
- Dealing with the vulnerable sector
What we Offer:
- Competitive wages
- Flexible schedules
- Opportunities for full-time and career development
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Apply on company website