*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description The Assistant Manager – Legal position will be based in Chennai. The incumbent will be responsible for providing support in review and management of commercial and procurement contracts i.e. the process of systematically and efficiently managing contract creation, execution, and analysis for the purpose of maximizing financial and operational performance and minimizing risk. This job description may not represent all the duties of the position; may be asked to perform other related duties, as needed
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Review different procurement contracts and other related legal documents and ensure compliance of Company's internal risk parameters and achievement of business objectives.
- Raise red flags/ make recommendations to other members of the Legal Department and Business
- Collaborate with senior Regional Attorneys and Contract Managers situated globally.
- If situation demands, engage counterparts in customer's Legal Department to resolve impasse.
- Play an active role in management of the contract life cycle from identification of a need, through negotiation, agreement, monitoring, and close-out.
- Advise on foreign and domestic commercial transactions involving manufacturing (from vendor's perspective), materials, intellectual property, inventory, services and financing issues.
- Research on various topics on need basis and support various departments of legal team on cross-functional basis
- Time zone management.
- Along with the individual contributor role we are looking for candidates who have leadership abilities and can be good coach/mentor to junior attorneys
- Can lead and drive the function to meet the expectations of the Flextronics Legal Department.
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- Bachelor of Law from reputed Indian University
- Hands on 4-5 years' experience in reviewing commercial and procurement contracts
- Willing and capable of working in big larger team structure.
- Provide suggestions to the team when necessary with regards to legal requirements.
- Ability to engage and thrive in a cross-cultural environment.
- Trained in Law Firm or experience in large Legal department. Candidates with experience of working in large multinational manufacturing concerns (experience in electronics/electrical or semiconductor company) will be preferred.
- Excellent Communication skills in oral/written English.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Effective in both individual contributor role as well as managing a team of lawyers
- Business acumen
- Good knowledge in laws related to working of contracts.
- Problem solving skills – should be a problem solver / business partner rather than simply executing tasks.
- Very strong knowledge in MS Office.
- Good experience in document review & attention to detail.
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
- Health Insurance
#LI-AS1Job Category LegalFlex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website