At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
The Buyer Direct will be based in Guadalajara, North Campus. Responsible for identifies varied sources of commodities and services, evaluates bids, awards contracts and purchase orders, develops standards for new products or services, maintains contact with vendors, and maintains comprehensive descriptions of available products and current prices.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability & lead time.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase.
- Manages supplier to price, delivery method and quality expectations and escalates when appropriate.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased & costs per supplier.
- Negotiate liability for excess and obsolete materials management.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Ensure the compliance of Flex policies and initiatives (Purchasing, Trade Compliance, 5S, LPA's, etc.)
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- Experience as buyer in automotive or Mechanical industries.
- English advance (spoken and written).
- Knowledge in (ERP- PLEX), INCOTERMS, Customs & Foreign Trade (Inbound & outbound).
- Business and legal knowledge.
- Office Package.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Knowledge in Baan.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge in Planning.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Competitive Salary.
- Life & Medical insurance.
- Christmas Bonus.
- Food Coupons.
- Saving Fund.
#LI-SR1Job Category Global Procurement & Supply ChainFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website