*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Electrification Electrical Engineer will be based in Farmington Hills, MI. In this position you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation and maintenance for enterprise wide technical architecture, systems use and maintenance in order to cooperate to the next-generation technologies integration into the architectural strategy.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Use technical knowledge and experience in evaluating customer requests for quote (RFQs) relative to high voltage system componentry such as DC-DC converters, battery management systems, etc.
- Assume electrical engineering responsibility for all product development phases, including quoting, breadboards, prototypes, testing, validation and release to production.
- Provide innovative ideas for improving product performance, manufacture-ability and cost.
- Prepare and design both, high level and detailed schematics and Gerber files to support customers design requirements on high voltage system componentry for hybrid and/or electric vehicle technologies.
- Schematic design – start by editing existing circuit designs or adding functionality, and work up to ground-up designs
- Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
- Adhere to established Flex product development procedures and processes.
- Perform hardware bring-up and integration and support power conversion systems hardware / software integration.
- Provide complete documentation, product verification and part's list
- Write product and test specifications.
- Provide sustaining engineering on existing products supporting manufacturing and test departments.
- Design testers to verify functionality of DCDC / BMS module to be utilized in the manufacturing process to ensure product acceptability.
- Create, support, and update DFMEAs and DVPRs as required;
- Define architecture and manage interfaces between battery controls, DCDC and the vehicle for new and/or significantly modified features
- Test prototype power modules in the lab and in vehicles
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in automotive DCDC / BMS design is required
- 2+ year of experience with battery controls, battery management
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the design of power conversion equipment or related equivalent experience and/or training.
- Minimum 3 years' experience designing high voltage power supplies.
- Proven track record of delivering project specific deliverables including direct experience with DCDC and BMS components and how batteries and electric motors function.
- Knowledge of high voltage automotive systems and electric and/or hybrid electric vehicle systems
- Experience with power electronics component design
- Knowledge of and experience with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, LIN,
- Experience with schematic design and board layout
- Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs,
- MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
- Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE preferred.
- Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
- Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
- Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential
Here is some preferred qualifications:
- Demonstrated technical experience in hybrid electric engineering power management.
- Experience with high voltage batteries, high voltage components and electric/hybrid vehicle powertrains
- Must understand electronics and electrical design. Must know what is required for a reliable design
- Understanding of mechanical systems is very beneficial in integrating a design.
- Troubleshooting skills are also required.
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter. Also, must possess the ability to function well under the demands of project due dates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed
- Extremely organized, accurate and possesses a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve and analyze problems
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis on difficult projects with tight timing constraints
- Familiar with Microsoft Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to support code review to be able to verify critical module functionality
- Work with supplier to define Diagnostics Information
- Experience working in Agile project management environment a plus
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 principles and practice
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers.
RelocationIs Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website