*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Electrification Systems Engineer will be based in Farmington Hills, MI. In this position you will be responsible for designing, defining, and implementing system requirements for complex customer systems/products and/or preparing studies and analyzing existing systems prior to the transition to manufacturing for new product introduction.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Use your electrification systems engineering knowledge to develop electronics modules being developed by FLEX following strict adherence to the proper system engineering development processes and procedures (ASPICE, ISO26262).
- Use your technical knowledge and experience to participate in multiple levels of customer meetings and technical reviews. Lead investigative efforts to comprehend each customer's autonomous vehicle strategy.
- Help lead and formulate Flex's own strategy and direction in developing products that will increase FLEX's presence, capability and expertise in autonomous vehicle systems.
- Review customer system architectures, technical requirements, identify and communicate potential challenges and provide recommendations that align both Flex capabilities and customers' specifications.
- Participate in quoting activities, in close cooperation with Business Development, Supply Chain Management, Operations and with personnel from Flex's global design centers.
- Provide technical expertise to guide product development that aligns with trends in autonomous vehicle systems; lead and/or participate in the design and development of new products utilizing resources across FLEX's global Design & Engineering resources.
- You will assume engineering responsibility for all product development phases, including quoting, breadboards, prototypes, testing, validation and release to production.
- Review and evaluate test results; identify root cause of problems and provide corrective actions and recommendations.
- Interact with customer and suppliers to resolve system issues
- Participate in customer and internal technical design reviews.
- Provide innovative ideas for improving product performance, manufacture-ability and cost.
- Prepare and present both, high level and detailed technical presentations to customers, suppliers and internal Flex teams.
- Provide technical input and insight to team members and management for appropriate decision making.
- Identify and follow appropriate technological activities in other Flex design centers around the globe.
- Create working relationships with global Flex engineering resources.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate and required product documentation, including customer specifications and federal regulations.
- Investigate and remain abreast of technological advancements and industry trends in autonomous vehicle systems.
- Travel as needed to support customers, suppliers and Flex manufacturing plants.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- A Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, electronics or related fields.
- Eight years or more experience in product development activities as they automotive electronics module development and/or manufacturing.
- Recent hands-on experience in actual circuit design from development to production.
- Experience in all aspects of Design & Development of Automotive Electronic Controllers.
- Working knowledge of requirements management, software development, circuit simulation, WCCA, DFMEA and EMC.
- High level of analytical ability and troubleshooting where problems are unusual and complex.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and others
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers.
RelocationIs Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website