At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Summary
The Manufacturing Engineer - night shift will be based in Austin, TX. In this role you will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating manufacturing processes by providing technical support maintenance of manufacturing methods.
*Shift: Wed, Thurs, Fri, every other Sat 6:00pm-6:00am*
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Understand manufacturing and test equipment concepts, technologies and techniques
- Design manufacturing processes within schedule and budgetary parameters
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods
- Define equipment maintenance requirements, identify root-causes of equipment failures and develop hands-on maintenance skills.
- Work with other engineering stakeholders and customers on problem solving and continuous improvement to the design of equipment and products and may develop corrective and preventive action plans
- Write and update work instructions and other documents (e.g. specifications, procedures…)
- Analyze and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Confer with production group concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
- Coordinate with customers to determine product specifications and design changes and responds to customer request
- Provide information for management decisions from a technical and technical cost perspective
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Able to run and explain simulations
- CAD, robot and PLC programming, and other automation components
- Testing: oscilloscope, cable and harness testing, trouble shooting, component testing, logic analyzer.
- Inspection: bare board, systems, components, cable and harness, microscope, measuring tools.
- Mechanical & Electrical Tools: taps and dies, alignment tools, measuring tools.
- Office skills: telephones, data entry, office software to include, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation package
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
#JS21Job Category Production EngineeringRelocation: Not eligible
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website