*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Molding process Engineer (Manufacturing Engineer) will be based in Flex Tijuana will be Responsible for establishing new molds and trouble-shooting existing molds. Possesses strong communication and leadership skills. Knowledgeable in molding of engineering thermoplastics and process equipment.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Assists in the start-up of the molding operations and the machine installation and validation for Medical Products (IQ, OQ and PQ's)
- He/she also will play a key role coordinating the tool transfers and its qualification
- Responsible for developing manufacturing processes for plastic injection molded components
- Will define pre and post molded processes for components to optimize efficiencies, yields and productivity
- Will use process capability studies and other statistical techniques for defining process capability, identifying and eliminating sources of process variability to achieve component certification
- Provides engineering support to production by troubleshooting injection molding processes and tooling, and by defining mold maintenance requirements
- Responsible for providing support for new product development and resolving any quality molded components problems
- Drive process improvement through Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, and Design of Experiments
- Train technicians in technical molding process using scientific molding tools.
- Available to travel and flexible schedule.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 5+years related experience.
- A professional from Injection Molding background having 5-10 years of experience in Injection Molding.
- Strong Project Management Skills is required
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Understanding of tool design, troubleshooting, and component qualification
- Application of statistical and analytical methods such as SPC
- Bilingual, with Spanish and English
- Experience with Design of Experiments and Measurement Systems
- Development and documentation of molding methods for new and existing products using scientific molding.
- Improved process reducing cycle times
- Skill in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project)
- Master Molder Certification (is a plus)
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Pantry vouchers
- Saving Fund
- Christmas bonus
- Holiday bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website