*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Planner Scheduler will be based in Batu Kawan, Penang.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Leads order processing activities for major customer units.
- Advises non-exempt associates regarding day-to-day priority of customer requests.
- Serves as advanced interface with customer for escalations of order commitments, order expedites, and problem resolution.
- Monitors and proactively addresses issues that impact performance to committed ship date (CSD), lead-time, response time, and inventory goals.
- Coordinates and manages high-visibility and/or important customer programs. May include initial customer or product startup initiatives or large customer programs.
- Coordinates with Master Scheduler to manage product life cycle and related materials availability issues.
- Drives process improvements inside and outside the area of Order Management.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and approves product release to the production planning systems based on material and capacity availability.
- Provides input to management, reschedules, and /or interfaces with customer program management, master scheduling, customers and production control to reschedule production in the event of design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Represents Order Management on various Customer Focus Teams.
- May also support inventory control, supply chain management, material planning, and scheduling
Here is some of what you'll need (required)
- Typically requires a Bachelor degree or equivalent and a minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Demonstrates operations and technical skills and understanding of Flextronics' functional standards. Demonstrates a general knowledge of functional concepts and a rudimentary understanding of Flextronics policies and procedures. Has awareness of the functional impact upon work processes and other functions. Ability to operate telephones, data entry, office software including, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages and data base systems.
- Demonstrates basic people and/or process management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures pr governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to question from groups of managers and customers
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and apply mathematical operations.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide
- Full range of medical benefits
- Life Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Performance Bonus
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website