The Production Supervisor 2nd shift will be based in Buffalo Grove, IL In this position, you will be responsible for the production of Medical devices in a 24/7 operations facility, responsible for directing the manufacturing operations performed in a shift or group of production lines, ensuring they reach volume, quality and cost goals of Operations department in multi-level Automated assembly of plastics parts, packaging of products. You will work from 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Responsible for the production of several processes/lines in a highly technical and highly automated assembly production operation.
- Leads a team comprising individual professional (e.g. engineers/officers) to meet quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness requirements. Supervises production staff on work method and quality checkpoints.
- Reviews daily/regularly plant operating performance and advise on changes in operating conditions that will improve efficiencies/quality.
- Provides supervision and direction to subordinate staff and coordinates work flow within major work unit, including distributing work, disseminating information, assigning staff to cover for absences, providing technical assistance, answering questions, and resolving problems within the work unit supervised.
- Troubleshoots/analyses operational problems and advises on their resolution. Holds regular discussions with operators to coach performance and improve operational understanding/capability.
- Receives and evaluates ideas for plant improvements and works with qualified engineers to develop project proposals.
- Provides technical/operational advice to project teams.
- May act as principal interface between the operation team and the maintenance function.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply in order to meet customer requirements.
- Initiates and participates in process development and cost improvement projects.
- Assists in department budget planning and manage department expenses.
- Trains staff in the use of automated systems and word processing software, introduces new versions or functions, trouble shoots problems, and attends meetings.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget for the work unit.
- Performs reviewing work performance, motivating subordinates to work more effectively, identifying problems with performance and solutions to those problems, determining training needs to improve performance,
- Participates in the hiring and promoting of staff within the work unit supervised, including serving on a panel to interview applicants and making recommendations to superiors.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Supervises the maintenance of personnel records and time sheets for staff supervised.
- Coordinates time off requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Drive team performance in the assembly operations to meet KOI.
- Participate continuous Improvement (Kaizen) techniques, cost reductions and other activities aimed at reducing/eliminating non-value-added activities in the process.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Recent experience in supervisory roles.
- Proven track record of building high performing team.
- Experience working in an FDA / ISO 13485 or other highly regulated facility.
- Capable of performing high lean a high volume production environment.
- Experience in an automation with a production environment.
- Experience in clean room understanding familiar with operating a clean room.
- Will be responsible for 60 direct labors.
- Quality focus.
- Competencies in automation equipment troubleshooting and electro-mechanical engineering experience/knowledge.
- Problem solver.
- Schedule availability.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- Experience in assembly lines having Robotics, high speed, linear and rotary/dial automated assembly and inspection machines is a plus
- Knowledge of ERP and Inventory Management best practices.
- Lean Green belt.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website