The Quality Metrology Engineer will be based in Manchester, CT and will require minimal travel. The key focus of the role will be the developing of test methods and procedures needed to determine the dimensional features of products (using a CT Scanner with Calypso programming software) for validation and production inspections of all products produced from manufacturing and assembly processes.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Interacts routinely with customers to develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation
- Perform inspection and testing of molded components and assemblies for conformance to design and configuration requirements
- Utilize inspection measurement tools (i.e. micrometers, calipers, drop indicators, thread gauges, plug gauges, comparators etc.)
- Optimize inspection methods to expedite inspections and manage equipment capacity
- Train colleagues / technicians/inspectors on vision system (i.e. – OGP), Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM), and CT Scanner operation for parts being ran on production floor
- Strong programming experience in Calypso
- Perform workmanship evaluations on plastic parts (flash, damage, discoloration, contamination, etc.) using microscopes
- Compile and analyze measurement data and statistics to assess measurement methods and process capability.
- Perform Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GRR) studies to evaluate measurement methods
- Assures data availability and integrity for all quality related data. Consolidates and reports quality results.
- Identify and Report Non-conformances of product or processes.
- Provide support for Corrective Action investigations.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Four (4) or more years of experience in a quality manufacturing environment or plastics manufacturing
- Extensive CMM programming experience in Calypso or PC-DMIS
- Three (3) or more years of metrology experience
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience using a CT Scanner to perform product inspections
- Experience using SolidWorks/3D CAD design software
- Proficient understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Medical device industry experience a plus
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website