*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Test Engineering Manager will be based in Batu Kawan, Penang. The role will be responsible for managing the evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of testing procedures, strategies, systems, components, and modifications. Acts as an advisor to test engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations and acts as a liaison to other engineering functions. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Directs and/or coordinates electronic engineering and/or technical personnel in fabrication and design of testing and test control apparatus and equipment, or software and systems testing.
- Directs and coordinates electronic engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation and calibration of instruments, equipment and control devices required to test, telemeter and record test data.
- Determines conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
- Interfaces and confers with scientific, engineering and technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data, data interpretation or coding issues.
- Analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by electronic or software engineering, and management personnel.
- Develops or uses computer software and hardware to conduct tests on electronic products and systems or software.
- Trains and instructs floor support, test technicians and test operators on test hardware and/or software, as well as proper problem solving techniques.
- Resolves test yield problems by performing analysis of root causes, developing and coordinating corrective action measures and monitoring improvements.
- Coordinates all activities and all testers during each testing phase of a project or program.
- Maintains awareness of testing alternatives at a level where they can be analyzed and the most effective testing strategy selected and agreed.
- Assesses and advises on the practicality of testing process alternatives.
- Identifies improvements to the process and assists in their implementation.
- Ensures that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the clients/users and colleagues.
- Manages all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Plans, arranges and controls meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during test planning and throughout subsequent development and testing activities.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience and training. A Master's or MBA degree is preferred. Typically requires a minimum of 7-9 years of engineering experience, including supervision.
- Demonstrates expert functional, technical and people and/or process management skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills.
- Demonstrates detailed expertise in very complex functional/technical area or broad breadth of knowledge in multiple areas; understands the strategic impact of the function across sites.
- Creates functional processes or technologies.
- Impacts the long-term (annual) direction and financial or operational success of the function and/or site. Approves and/or creates functional processes or technologies.
- Establishes and ensures effective achievement of functional strategic plans and objectives for the site.
- May have P&L responsibility for the function.
- Develops plans for structuring and implementing major initiatives.
- Maintenance of tester equipment
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide
- Full range of medical benefits
- Life Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Performance Bonus
SC28Job Category Operations
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website