Job ID: req1175
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
The Clinical Services Program's primary mission is to perform sequential studies using samples obtained from patients with cancer, AIDS, chronic granulomatous disease or other diseases associated with immunologic dysfunction, as well as to monitor viral load in patients with HIV.
The Vaccine, Immunity and Cancer Program investigates immune responses to vaccines in preclinical and clinical studies, with a focus on HPV.
The Vaccine, Immunity and Cancer Program is looking for a Research Associate to work on serology assay development and testing for SARS-CoV-2. The Research Associate will produce critical assay reagents, assay standards and perform testing for assessment of immune responses to viral infection.
The Research Associate will:
- Optimize and validate procedures and methodologies for assessment of antibody responses to viral infection
- Plan experiments and conduct testing of large number of samples from clinical studies
- With limited supervision, design and implement protocols, as well as troubleshoot assays and experiments independently
- Manage sample acquisition and inventories
- Evaluate, analyze and compile data, maintain databases
- Responsible for routine QC/QA procedures, ordering supplies, and maintaining equipment and inventories
- Prepare reports, present data and participate in manuscript and proposal preparation
- Remain current on literature and relevant laboratory techniques
- Bachelor's, Master's in life sciences or a related field from an accredited college according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- The years of experience can be anywhere from 2 to 10 years for the different level
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Apply on company website