Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and AECOM, has a vacancy for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant II. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the US Attorney's Office. A Paralegal/Legal Assistant II executes the following duties:
- Assist attorney, provide Legal Clerk review
- Reviews case material and prepares digest of selected decisions/opinions incorporating legal references
- Searches for and summarizes relevant articles in trade magazines, law reviews, published studies, financial reports, and similar materials for use of attorneys in the preparation of opinions, briefs, and other legal documents
- Prepares digests of selected decisions or opinions which incorporate legal references and analyses of precedents involved in areas of well-defined and settled points of law.
- Interviews potential witnesses and prepares summary interview reports for the attorney's review.
- Participates in pre-trial witness conferences, notes possible deficiencies in case materials (e.g. missing documents, conflicting statements) and additional issues or other questionable matters, and requests further investigating by other agency personnel to correct possible deficiencies or personally conducts limited investigations at the pre-trial stage
- Prepares and organizes trial exhibits, as required, such as statistical charts and photographic exhibits
- Verifies citations and legal references on prepared legal documents
- Prepares summaries of testimony and depositions
- Drafts/edits non-legal memoranda, research reports and correspondence relating to cases
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Apply on company website