FSA has an immediate vacancy for a Senior Civil Investigator with the US Attorney's Office in thier Affirmative Civil Rights Enforcement program. The Civil Rights Program at the United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Georgia educates the public regarding civil rights laws, and investigates and prosecutes violations of various civil rights law. The investigator will be assigned cases and matters that vary in scope and complexity, and gives rise to civil rights actions within the jurisdiction of the USAO. Duties:
- Plan and conduct investigations to develop and/or verify facts of civil rights cases and complaints, both independently and in consultation with Civil Rights Unit attorneys.
- Identifying witnesses and conducting interviews
- Attending on-site visits of respondents' property
- Reviewing documents, reports, bank records, interview files, computer data, and other produced materials
- Assisting attorneys in formulating investigative plans to identify facts and issues involved in a case, the applicable theories of law, and the scope of the investigation
- Conducting initial intake communication with the public regarding various civil rights complaints, and referring inquiries to appropriate community resources, if appropriate
- Establishing and maintaining an effective system of compiling, indexing, and organizing information and its sources
- Preparing reports and presenting findings orally and in writing to attorneys and other staff
- Organize outreach activities and public presentations on federal civil rights laws and regulations with various community and advocacy groups.
- Participate and assist in preparation for settlement negotiations and trial.
- Compiling, organizing, and indexing evidence;
- Managing the presentation of exhibits at settlement negotiations and trial, including preparing narrative summaries, charts, tables, graphs, or other visual aids.
- Performs a variety of ancillary investigations-related services in direct support of civil rights litigation. Support activities include, but are not limited to, copying, mailing, closing files, and maintaining pleadings
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Apply on company website