DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we'd love to talk!
Galen College is currently searching for a Full Time Faculty Development Coordinator to join our team.
The Faculty Development Coordinator is responsible for enhancing campus faculty members' teaching effectiveness through the implementation of innovative, comprehensive, and effective faculty orientation, mentoring, and development programs. A key requirement of this position is the ability to consult with faculty and communicate clearly and diplomatically as part of the professional development process. It is expected that the Faculty Development Coordinator will stay up-to-date on current trends in Faculty Development and relevant research in teaching practices, learning theory, and new technologies for instruction.
- Collaborate with campus faculty and the Faculty Development Coordinators from other campuses.
- Responsible for establishing, implementing, and monitoring a formal faculty teaching effectiveness evaluation system based primarily on: 1) first time NCLEX pass rates for all programs on campus; 2) level of achievement of program students learning outcomes and general education competencies; 3) student progression and retention; and 4) Faculty retention and development.
- Will contribute to the implementation of the College's strategic plan as it relates to faculty development.
- Focus efforts to ensure the achievement of the institutional goal of academic excellence.
- Provide leadership to the campus faculty development committee.
- Must have a minimum of six years of effective, full-time teaching experience in an accredited institution
- Documented experience related to mentoring and developing faculty
- Will be expected to possess a comprehensive knowledge of exemplary teaching practices, and teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking)
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience working as part of a team and facilitating faculty
- Technology skills, the ability to communicate using technology, and the ability to work with learning management systems
- Must teach a minimum of two courses/year within content field
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is nursing education and our students' success is all that matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, and master's degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen's accreditation status, please visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website