Guckenheimer is a specialty food service management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace, with accounts across 31 states. We are dedicated to the philosophy that health and productivity at work is achieved through exceptional dining experiences with meals prepared on-site and from scratch.
We currently have an incredible employment opportunity for:
Reports to: Chef or General Manager
FLSA status: Nonexempt
Produce visually appealing and good tasting foods to Guckenheimer standards. Prepare, season, and arrange breads, pastries, and desserts, or other foodstuffs as required for service. Coordinate catering orders and service with FOH employees.
- ServSafe certification.
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- 2 years food preparation experience with emphasis on pastry preparation.
- Maintain HACCP program requirements.
- Prepare and bake food according to recipes and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer tastes.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food for service. Must have knowledge of standard catering presentation techniques.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Prepare all bread, pastry and dessert items for food service program and catering orders.
- Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Must comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles.
- Use of food cost control methods.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; convection ovens; rotating rack ovens; meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, induction burners, and broilers.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for high volume production.
- Must be organized, self-managing, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Assisting with food preparation and service in other areas of the kitchen.
- Commitment to scratch cooking and healthful foods.
- Product ordering and receiving.
- Culinary or Hospitality School Degree.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by law
Apply on company website