Food. Cooking. Creativity. Is this your life? Do you believe that commitment unlocks unlimited potential? We are the perfect Company to launch or further your career. We are all about great ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration. Oh yeah, we don't work weekends unless we are opening a new location or kicking it at some cool industry event.
Guckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace. We encourage our team members to join in community events such as Chef Ann Foundation to support the #RealSchoolFood campaign, promoting cooking healthy meals with real ingredients at schools., Second Harvest Food Bank, Girls on the Run, and many more community programs.
We offer fantastic health and wellness benefit options that include but not limited to medical, HSA, a rewarding wellness program, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, EAP, free meal each day, free pair of safety shoes at time of hire, and much more. Guckenheimer's own Learning Management System at your fingertips and a yearly tuition reimbursement program will enable you to enhance your career development in your new and exciting position with Guckenheimer!
We encourage you to apply to our Sous Chefopportunity and bring your knowledge and passion of high quality food and customer service to our culinary program.
Work in coordination with the chef to complete all food preparation. Prepare visually appealing and good tasting foods to Guckenheimer standards. Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foodstuffs as required. Serve customers during meal periods.
- Passion for customer service
- Positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Season and cook food according to recipes and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer tastes.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Prepare soups and chili.
- Wash, peel cut and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Use food cost control methods.
- Assist with Inventory completion.
- Follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles.
- Must be able to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and broilers.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Product ordering and receiving.
- Menu Planning and Identify new recipes for use.
- Possess ServSafe certification or State / City Food Handlers Card...
Reports to: Chef or Chef Manager
FLSA status: Nonexempt
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 #.
- Ability to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by Law
Apply on company website