The IT Systems Administrator may be required to perform duties that include elevated privileges. As a trusted custodian to the Company's sensitive information and/or systems you will be expected to maintain professional conduct and protect the confidentiality of any information to which you may have access. You will be expected to commit yourself to the highest standards of moral and business ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support an 2 million square foot warehouse environment
- Configure/Troubleshoot desktop issues and applications
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, thin clients, and software within established standards and guidelines
- Configure/Troubleshoot handheld scanners, Access Points, and warehouse networking
- Cable/Replace any failed hardware for warehouse wireless support mounted at 30 feet and higher utilizing a scissor lift or fork lift
- Provide a point of escalation and support to the Technical Infrastructure Group
- Participate in weekend, night, and alternate shift maintenance activities, as required
- Perform general system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment
- Support, maintain and administer third party applications
- Produce appropriate documentation for application deployment, configuration, and related processes
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and response
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all hardware on a routine and scheduled basis
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enforce change management and compliance processes
- Work as a technical resource on assigned projects
- Independent analysis, communication, and problem solving
- Position is expansive and additional responsibilities can be added
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, and experience in a professional service environment, with responsibility for supporting multiple applications and network environments
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a warehouse environment preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 years working experience and intimate proficiency with Microsoft Technologies, IBM AIX and UNIX
- Must have a minimum of 3 years working experience with Active Directory administration and troubleshooting
- Must have experience supporting mobile email devices such as Blackberry, iPhone (and other, similar technologies)
- Sound working knowledge of Internet/Intranet technologies including security features Sound working knowledge of network infrastructure and operations, including switching, routing, Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of remote access technology such as VPN or VM View
- Proficient and familiar with MS Office Professional Suite including the ability to fluently use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have Good verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and directed
- Must have very strong problem solving skills
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
The candidate must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website