The Leadership and Talent Specialist is responsible for the needs, identification, development, facilitation, evaluation, and coordination of leadership, learning and development programs/initiatives throughout Harbor Freight Supply Chain. This role interacts with all levels throughout the Supply Chain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess Harbor Freight Supply Chain leadership capability learning and development needs at all levels of staff and management.
• Conduct surveys, training needs meetings, interviews and observations to identify training needs
• Creates training aids, such as training handbooks, demonstration models, visual aids and computer based training and reference works.
• Conduct and facilitate training programs to associates and management. Training may range from moderate to complex topics or subject matter
• Develops curriculum in response to needs. Ensures cross functional feedback and input is considered in course delivery.
• Creates instructional methods that include individual training, train the trainer, group instruction, lectures, conferences, meetings and workshops.
• Analyze human performance data to assess the impact of effectiveness of programs, reports results and manage ongoing process improvements related to results of evaluation.
• Manages cross functional Supply Chain learning and development projects.
• Leads complex projects across the organization to support organizational strategy.
• Provides support to Supply Chain leadership team in a coach capacity
• Demonstrates the leadership skills necessary to make sound recommendations and effectively handle diverse and complex problems ·
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment
• Drives the Harbor Freight culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of vision and fulfillment of Harbor Freight's mission.
• Keep abreast of current trends and best practices within the learning and development industry to continually bring in fresh ideas and approaches.
• Support Supply Chain learning and development by working with a group to support intact team development. Assists with selection of training programs and vendors for learning and leadership development.
• Leads in the coordination and implementation of Supply Chain Leadership and Talent Development strategies and programs that support the organization's achievement of its strategic business plans.
• Act as a project manager for leadership programs, creating and managing project timelines, planning resource needs, and ensuring the project is implemented on time and within the prescribed scope.
• Staff supervision and Development – No
• Decision Making – Supports and collaborates on policy development and resolves problems • Travel – 10%
• Location – HFT Distribution Center
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of seven plus years training and/or facilitation are required.
• DDI, Achieve Global, Ken Blanchard, Franklin Covey, Korn Ferry Leadership Architect. Talent Smart EQ, Vital Smarts Crucial Conversation, MBTI, DISC Certification preferred.
Job Qualifications – Skills
• Coaching experience with various leadership levels
• Ability to communicate with all levels of team and management is required.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
• Ability to work cross-functionally is required
General office environment requiring ability to:
• stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
• speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
• use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
• lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website