The Operations Coordinator assists the Area Manager in managing, directing and organizing the assigned operational department and conducts all relating administration activities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Area Manager in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Assist in directing and monitoring the daily operations in the assigned department , to include systems, process and technical support
- Coordinates, under the direction of the area manager, the entire operational department to ensure that all procedures are being followed properly and in a timely fashion
- Plan, execute and reconcile daily workloads based on departmental volume
- Interact efficiently and effectively with other departments as needed to resolve discrepancies and move resources based on labor planning needs
- Ensure that the management team is provided with accurate, timely and relevant reporting and key performance indicators and additional assistance as needed
- Ensure attainment of facility safety, production and quality objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- Indirect Supervisory Responsibility – Distribution Center Associates
- Organizational Scope – Oversight of assigned DC Operational department
- Travel – less than 5%
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years distribution experience
- High school diploma, GED, or other equivalency
- Ability to work well with short deadlines and exhibit a sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership, ability to problem solve, resolve conflict and analyze complex situations
- MS Office knowledge: Introductory level for Outlook, Word and PowerPoint; intermediate level for Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle and Warehouse Management Systems preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts to solve practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance on an intermittent basis for up to twelve hours per day.
- Standing and walking continuously for up to twelve hours per day.
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting and reaching heights on an intermittent basis for up to twelve hours per day.
- Grasping, pushing and pulling of materials on an intermittent basis for up to twelve hours per day.
- Reaching and working above and below the shoulder level on an intermittent basis for up to twelve hours per day.
- Work with and around forklifts and conveyer systems.
- Ability to work on elevated platforms.
- Work closely in a team environment to complete daily tasks and goals.
- General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
The candidate must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The anticipated rate for this position is $XX.XX per hour depending on location, knowledge, skills, education and experience. In addition, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits to Associates (and their families) such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability. Eligible Associates are able to enroll in our company's 401k plan. Associates will accrue paid time off up to 120 hours per year, including 56 hours of Floating Holidays and paid sick time up to 64 hours per year unless otherwise required by law. The Company observes two (2) Company paid holidays.
Apply on company website