Our Regional Human Resource Managers are subject matter experts that act as strategic business partners to their regional teams. They drive talent planning, development and engagement while maximizing associate productivity through the optimization of talent. Our Regional Human Resources Managers strategize, plan and prioritize to provide optimal support to their portfolio of stores. They thrive on building high performance teams that execute with excellence and operate within the confines of our core principles.
- Achieve regional sales and profit goals by minimizing company risk and maximizing productivity
- Actively monitor/analyze company metrics and data in effort to identify trends and/or recommend proactive solutions
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with business partners to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrate expertise in employment law and industry trends
- Lead ownership and implementation of HR Initiatives
- Act as a subject matter expert in company policies, programs and operational processes and their impact on the business
- Provide objective, quality guidance and oversight on employee relations issues
- Develop recruiting and staffing strategies in effort to attract and place the right talent
- Lead talent planning and development efforts resulting in retention and promotion of high performing teams.
- Manage, guide and influence all aspects of performance management and development
- Provide vision and purpose of company initiatives and objectives
- Act as a proactive, solution-oriented business partner at all levels
- Provide guidance and quality decision-making that adheres to our core principles
- Partner to develop and drive regional engagement strategy
- Promote a culture of safe and secure stores.
- Uses data to set priorities and translates goals into action plans
- Consistently pushes self and others for results; eliminates roadblocks
- Manages internal and external communications
- Acquires and retains the right talent
- Trains, coaches and provides feedback
- Develops team and positions them for growth
- Acts with customers in mind
- Understands and teaches how operational execution directly affects the customer experience
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Makes the company vision sharable by everyone
- Can inspire and motivate entire units
- Is forward-looking and talks beyond today
- Sees ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends
- Has broad knowledge and perspective
- Can create effective and advanced strategies and plans
Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with and lead through change
- Can decide and act without having the total picture when necessary
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
Minimum of eight years' experience in Human Resources and multi-unit leadership
Bachelors/Associates Degree preferred or High School graduate/Equivalent, HR certification preferred
Ability to communicate with customers and associates. Requires 75% travel over a large geographical area and standing and moving for an entire shift.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, overnight shifts and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the business. Regular travel is required. Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures and laws
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website