A Retail Sales Associate (part-time) handles various sales activities in a retail store. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability, and deliver a rewarding customer experience.
The anticipated rate for this position is $16.00 per hour depending on location, knowledge, skills, education and experience. Associates (and their families) are eligible to participate in a limited medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, and short-term disability. Eligible Associates can enroll in our company's 401k plan. Associates will accrue paid time off at the rate of at least 1 hour for every 26 hours worked up to 136 hours per year and paid sick time at the rate of at least 1 hour for every 30 hours worked up to 64 hours per year unless otherwise required by law.
Why You'll Love it:
- People First Culture
- Paid time off
- Associate discounts
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for all associates
- Company Matched 401(K)
- Respectful scheduling
- Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas & Easter
- Stable employment with growing company
- Clear path to promotion with full-time opportunities
- Provide a great experience for our customers
- Handle various sales transactions
- Encourage customers to participate in company programs
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized store
- Other duties as assigned
What We Need:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum of 1 year experience in retail or customer service
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and associates in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Ability to intermittently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds and stand/move for entire shift.
- Ability to lift, bend, kneel, climb, crawl and/or twist and safely climb up/down a ladder.
- Physically able and willing to become certified to operate a forklift in accordance with IIPP (Injury and Illness Prevention Program)
- Ability to work nights weekends and holidays as needed.
About Harbor Freight Tools
We're a 45 year-old, $6.5 billion national tool retailer with the energy, enthusiasm, and growth potential of a start-up. We have over 1,300 stores in 48 states across the country and are opening several new locations every week. We offer our customers more than 7,000 tools and accessories, from hand tools and generators to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools. We provide our customers with the right tool for the right job at the right price, always delivering quality and value.
Apply on company website