Our Assistant Managers support the Store Manager in leading teams to maximize the output of the store through the optimization of talent, operational execution, and delivery of a rewarding experience for customers and associates.
Why You'll Love It:
- Closed by 8pm nightly
- Closed on Thanksgiving & Christmas
- Clear path to promotion
- Paid time off
- Bonus opportunity
- Flexible schedules
- Associate discounts
- Stable employment with growing company
- Provide a great experience for our customers
- Ensure items are in stock and priced correctly
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized store
- Be a subject matter expert in your role and model adherence to standard operating procedures
- Understand and learn other aspects of store operations including stocking associate duties and responsibilities
- Drive and coach program execution and results in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure
- Serve as Leader on Duty as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
What We Need:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum of two years experience in retail management/leadership role
- Technical, Trade or Vocational degree of High School diploma/equivalent or 2 years management or functional experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and associates in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Ability to intermittently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds and stand/move for entire shift.
- Ability to lift, bend, kneel, climb, crawl and/or twist and safely climb up/down a ladder.
- Physically able and willing to become certified to operate a forklift in accordance with IIPP (Injury and Illness Prevention Program).
- Ability to work nights, overnights, weekends and holidays as needed.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website