Our Store Managers lead teams to maximize the financial output of their stores through the optimization of talent, operational execution, and delivering a rewarding customer experience. Our Store Managers act with urgency and are driven to achieve results. They thrive on building high performance teams that execute with excellence.
- Drive sales to exceed financial goals
- Manage payroll and control expenses
- Foster a results-driven store environment
- Successfully execute special events
- Prioritize workload
- Validate execution of standard operating procedure
- Ensure compliance to company policies
- A subject matter expert in all operational processes
- Acquire high quality talent
- Training and developing
- Performance management
- Effectively staff and schedule
- Create a team atmosphere
- Ensure a friendly environment
- Ensure items are in-stock
- Ensure items are priced right
- Maintain a neat, clean, and organized store
Drive for Results
Uses data to set priorities and translates goals into action plans. Consistently pushes self and others for results. Manages internal and external communications.
Building High Performance Teams
Acquires and retains the right talent Trains, coaches and provides feedback Develops team for growth.
Is solution oriented, sees problems as opportunities. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers. Keeps the goal in mind and is not easily deterred.
Managing and Measuring Work
Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions Sets clear and measurable objectives
Monitors process, progress and results and provides effective feedback.
Does not hold back what needs to be said and is not afraid to take action. Provides on-time, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others.
Acts with internal and external customers in mind. Understands and teaches how operational execution directly affects the customer experience. Establishes and maintains relationships with customers and associates through respectful and effective communication.
- Minimum of two years of retail management experience
- Bachelor's/Associates Degree preferred or High School graduate/Equivalent
- Ability to intermittently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Requires standing and moving for an entire shift.
- Ability to lift, bend, kneel, climb, crawl and/or twist.
- Ability to safely climb up and down a ladder.
- Ability to become forklift certified and physically able to operate a forklift in accordance with IIPP.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, overnights and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Some travel required.
About Harbor Freight Tools
We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion national tool retailer with the energy, enthusiasm and growth potential of a start-up. We have over 950 stores in 48 states across the country and are opening a new location every week. We offer our customers more than 5,000 tools and accessories, from hand tools and generators to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools. We provide our customers with the right tool for the right job at the right price, always delivering quality and value.
Apply on company website