HCA Florida Blake Hospital
2020 59th St West Bradenton, FL 34209Introduction
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Medical Technologist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Blake Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Blake Hospital is a 383-bed, tertiary hospital and leading provider of quality and affordable healthcare. The facility has been serving the healthcare needs of Manatee County since 1973 and serves as the County's only Trauma Center. Blake also boasts many designations and certifications from some of the most well-known names in healthcare.Benefits
HCA Florida Blake Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Medical Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing
Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor
Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (Including performing delta checks, etc.)
Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief and perform quality control procedures per protocol
Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelinesWhat qualifications you will need:
An Associate's Degree or equivalent in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or an Associate's Degree with 6 semester hours of a biological science and 6 semester hours of a chemical science
A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science is helpful
Experience in a clinical laboratory setting is beneficial
A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Blake Hospital is a 383 bed hospital. We are located in Bradenton, FL. We have a thirteen acre campus by the Gulf Coast beaches. We are the only state-designated Level II trauma center in Manatee, Sarasota and DeSoto Counties. We have received verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our services include 24-hour emergency care, open-heart surgery, burn care, cancer care, joint replacement and inpatient rehabilitation. We are a recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation. We have an onsite day care program, Happy Cubs, a 24 hour employee fitness center and a healthy work environment. We develop our colleagues through cross-training into new units and ongoing skills development. We offer continuing education courses and opportunities for advancement. We also offer great benefits. We hope you'll consider a career at HCA Florida Blake Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website