HCA Florida Blake Hospital
2020 59th St West Bradenton, FL 34209
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our full time, day shift, Phlebotomist opening with HCA Florida Blake Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Florida Blake Hospital is a 383-bed, tertiary hospital and leading provider of quality and affordable healthcare. The facility has been serving the healthcare needs of Manatee County since 1973 and serves as the County's only Trauma Center. Blake also boasts many designations and certifications from some of the most well-known names in healthcare.Benefits
HCA Florida Blake Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Phlebotomist for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
As a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist, you will be responsible for:
- Specimen collection and testing requirements and understanding specimen rejection
- Collecting blood specimens through venipuncture methods and skin puncture practices on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Completing appropriate specimen collection documentation
- Following established procedures for patient identification and specimen collection based test orders
- Educating patient and/or family regarding specimen collection procedures prior to obtaining specimen
- Using our computer information system relative to job functions
- Clerical duties (i.e., faxing, phones, pneumatic tube system, reports)
- Reviewing Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending specimen collections/accessioning issues; take action as appropriate
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- Less than 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Time management and customer service skills
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Blake Hospital is a 383 bed hospital. We are located in Bradenton, FL. We have a thirteen acre campus by the Gulf Coast beaches. We are the only state-designated Level II trauma center in Manatee, Sarasota and DeSoto Counties. We have received verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our services include 24-hour emergency care, open-heart surgery, burn care, cancer care, joint replacement and inpatient rehabilitation. We are a recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation. We have an onsite day care program, Happy Cubs, a 24 hour employee fitness center and a healthy work environment. We develop our colleagues through cross-training into new units and ongoing skills development. We offer continuing education courses and opportunities for advancement. We also offer great benefits. We hope you'll consider a career at HCA Florida Blake Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Phlebotomist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website