$5K SIGN ON BONUS AND/OR RELOCATION AVAILABLE
HCA Florida Lakeland Emergency, a part of HCA Florida Brandon Hospital
3526 S. Florida Ave. Lakeland, FL 33803
Are you passionate about the patient experience? HCA Florida Brandon Hospital's freestanding emergency center in Lakeland, Florida, offers an experienced staff trained in treating adults and children. Our ER is equipped to treat a wide range of illnesses and injuries with 11 private patient rooms, on-site diagnostic services and ambulance entrance.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Medical Technologist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a hospital based Medical Technologist to provide expertise and champion results. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels the patient experience is as meaningful as we do.
- Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing by analyzing proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (Including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results
You Should Have:
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is preferred
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- Less than 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist
- Technologist License in one or more clinical specialty areas:
- Blood bank
Integrated Regional Labs (IRL) is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. IRL is a laboratory service component of HCA Healthcare supporting hospital and commercial lab services for over 80 HCA facilities in the state of Florida.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website