Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) RN Medical Surgical PRN with HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital seeks to hire a experienced Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (RN), who will embrace our mission where we are committed to the care an improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. This role will work in a PRN/ Per Diem basis.
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital's Medical-Surgical team is a fast-paced unit caring for adults of all ages, with a variety of disease processes. From pneumonia to necrotizing fasciitis, you will see it all. No two days will be the same. The Medical-Surgical unit offers a family atmosphere with work/life balance and teamwork at the core of our values. The nursing leaders are dedicated to ensuring extraordinary healthcare is delivered to the patients we serve. The team has a belief in being trained for everything and ready for anything. This belief is a cornerstone of the foundational experience that you will receive on the Medical-Surgical team, allowing you to learn, grow, and challenge yourself every day.Benefits
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic RN Medical Surgical PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- BLS required, ACLS within 90 days of hire required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed hospital. We are a top-performing quality hospital. We have over 300 of the most respected and qualified physicians in the area. We offer an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and a Cancer Care Center. Our services include open-heart surgery and a wide range of specialties. We give advanced care to critically ill patients. We offer emergency services at our main emergency room (ER). We also have a pediatric ER and two freestanding ERs. Together, our team has an unwavering conviction to improve more lives in more ways.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our RN Medical Surgical PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website