Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) RN Oncology PRN with HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital seeks a full time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Medical Oncology Unit in a PRN/ Per Diem role!
This role will provide quality, compassionate nursing care to oncology patients and families utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the multidisciplinary oncology team including, but not limited to: physicians, dietitians, therapists, clergy, social workers, support team, pharmacists, quality and case management, and community agencies. To assist with leading the oncology team by providing: compassion, humor, guidance, mentoring and comradeship to all HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital personnel.Benefits
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic RN Oncology PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
Basic Oncology course within 90 days of hire required
Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
Successful completion of the ONS Chemotherapy Course within 18 months of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Acute care experience preferred
Oncology experience preferred
Chemotherapy experience preferred
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed hospital. We are a top-performing quality hospital. We have over 300 of the most respected and qualified physicians in the area. We offer an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and a Cancer Care Center. Our services include open-heart surgery and a wide range of specialties. We give advanced care to critically ill patients. We offer emergency services at our main emergency room (ER). We also have a pediatric ER and two freestanding ERs. Together, our team has an unwavering conviction to improve more lives in more ways.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our RN Oncology PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website