HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is searching for an experienced Open Heart CVOR Registered Nurse (RN) to join Award-Winning Hospital on the Beautiful Emerald Coast of Florida.
Sign on Bonus plus additional relocation if applicable. Available for Qualified Applicants!
The Open Heart RN will provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. Will collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care. The Heart Center at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center has been recognized by HealthGrades, the leading independent healthcare ratings organization, in its twelfth annual Hospital Quality in America study. The Heart Center received HealthGrades' Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award, ranking it in the top 10% in the nation in cardiac surgery. HealthGrades annual study assesses patient outcomes, mortality, and complication rates at virtually all of the nation's nearly 5,000 non-federal hospitals.
HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital is in partnership with HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute located in Destin.
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy the following benefits and more:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan repayment
- Paid family leave
And much more!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- BLS required at the time of hire
- CNOR preferred
- Minimum 3 years previous acute care or perioperative experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course.
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
Apply on company website