HCA Florida Lake City Hospital, a 91-bed acute care hospital serving the communities of Columbia, Hamilton and Suwannee counties for over 60 years. HCA Florida Lake City Hospital is part of HCA Healthcare North Florida offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour emergency care, heart care, interventional cardiology, orthopedics, cancer care, imaging and rehabilitation services. HCA Florida Lake City Hospital is an Accredited Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology, and has achieved Disease Specific Certification in the treatment of Sepsis by the Joint Commission. We have been named the area's Best of the Best Hospital 20 years in a row and employer of choice in 2019 by the Lake City-Columbia County Chamber of Commerce!
To provide care to patients under the direction of the RN, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of HFLCMH.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, equipment and supplies needed for various surgical procedures.
- Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients' right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcomes in the patient's care which results in harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory educations requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and Dependable Attendance.
- Maintains and safely handles medications Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
- Performs the surgical scrub and donning gowns, and gloves
- Assists team members with gowning and gloving
- Sets up sterile back table and Mayo stand with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for the procedure.
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator as per policy
- Helps in draping sterile field and establishing sterile field
- Prepares, anticipate and passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
- Actively participates in surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure.
- Hold retractors or instruments as directed by surgeon
- Sponges or suctions the operative site
- Cuts suture material as directed by surgeon
- Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate
- Prepares sterile dressing
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
- Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
- Assists in pepping room for the next patient
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Certified Surgical Technologist Required.
- BLS certification required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Previous scrubbing experience – 10 years of experience required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles
- Video equipment set up/troubleshooting skills
Apply on company website