Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Occupational Therapy Assistant PRN with HCA Florida Largo Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Florida Largo Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Largo Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapy Assistant PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Associates degree in Occupational Therapy from American Occupational Therapy Association
- Experience in appropriate healthcare setting preferred
- Current Florida COTA (Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant) License
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills; ability to read/comprehend written instructions; ability to follow verbal instructions; PC skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs
Your duties and responsibilities may include:
- You will accurately follow established treatment plan to set measurable and achievable goals to reach maximum functional independence for Activities of Daily Living (ADL's) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL's).
- You will record, monitor, and review clinical data, providing feedback to Occupational Therapist regarding possible modifications to treatment plan and goals based upon patient performance.
- You will, within scope of practice and under the direction of the Occupational Therapist, adapt recognized therapeutic techniques and modalities to meet the needs of the patient.
- You will participate in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively affect overall patient experience.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Largo Hospital is a 425 bed teaching hospital. We are located in Largo, FL and offer a coastal lifestyle. We have served the community since 1978. Our hospital offers a broad range of medical services. We have expanded our services in medicine and technology for our growing community needs. We have received the gold seal from the Joint Commission. Our heart and stroke care has received quality accolades from the American Heart Association. We are a leader in providing equality in healthcare. We are more than a provider of medical excellence and take our mission statement seriously. We hope you'll consider our careers at HCA Florida Largo Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Occupational Therapy Assistant PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website