Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Surgical Technologist First Assist today with HCA Florida Largo Hospital.Benefits
HCA Florida Largo Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Surgical Technologist First Assist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
Surgical Technologist First Assist
Our Surgical Service teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. As a Surgical Tech First Assist you will work directly with the surgeon in the operating room. You may scrub and assist the physician during procedures. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity.
Your responsibilities and tasks may include:
· You will assist before during and after surgical procedures - providing retraction, manipulation of tissues, homeostasis and other functions to ensure good visualization of the surgical field and optimal results for the patient.
· You may perform ligation and approximation of tissues, clamp and electrocautery application.
· You may assist in the preparation of patients, positioning and the application of casts, immobilizers or tourniquets.
· You may apply surgical dressings and drainage and you might even close wounds for the surgeon.
· You may assist the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR.
· Graduate of a CAAHEP program and the State of Florida Surgical Assistant Program OR Medical School Graduate OR an allied health professional with 2250 hours of surgical rotation.
· Current certification having completed 350 cases and 2 years of experience in the last 4 years
· BLS approves by American Heart Association
· Must be able to lift 100 pounds and routinely carry 50 pounds
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Largo Hospital is a 425 bed teaching hospital. We are located in Largo, FL and offer a coastal lifestyle. We have served the community since 1978. Our hospital offers a broad range of medical services. We have expanded our services in medicine and technology for our growing community needs. We have received the gold seal from the Joint Commission. Our heart and stroke care has received quality accolades from the American Heart Association. We are a leader in providing equality in healthcare. We are more than a provider of medical excellence and take our mission statement seriously. We hope you'll consider our careers at HCA Florida Largo Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Technologist First Assist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website